Career Opportunities with The Samaritan Center
The Executive Director will build a strategy for engaging the Community in support of the Samaritan Center and in solutions for the most vulnerable populations in our City. Under your leadership, The Samaritan Center will continue to develop partnerships with stakeholders. You’ll chart a path to engage key resources to support clients in healing and ultimately thriving. You’ll be excellent in this role, if you are passionate about leading a team, setting the strategic vision, and creating a safe, developmental environment that provides hope and success to the homeless. You’ll engage financial and human resources, in supporting clients, and strengthening the ties between The Samaritan Center and the community.
What You’ll Do:
Inspire stakeholders by communicating a vision of hope and excellence
Develop case management and life skill programs that support clients in living a “whole” life again
Build and nurture a team of highly capable professionals to ensure operational excellence in a growing and increasingly complex organization
Through relationship-building, expand our network of stakeholders
Engage and grow the base of donors to meet long-term operating budget objectives
Act as a collaborative leader and convener of community members
Developing a strategic plan for an organization and executing that plan
Managing and supporting direct reports to accomplish their best work
Building client development programs and opportunities
Financial budgeting and forecasting
Financial resource development, including executing fundraising campaigns, and major gift solicitation through in-person, print, and online channels
Collaboration with Board of Directors in stewarding The Samaritan Center’s Mission
Background in 501C3 Administration and Operations
Case Manager – Job Description
Case Manager Job Responsibilities:
Manages clients’ care by assessing service needs, developing programs, monitoring, and evaluating client Action Plans. Facilitates interdisciplinary policy for clients and staff. Oversees and supports case workers to ensure consistency in client care.
Case Manager Job Duties:
· Engages with new clients, completing required intake packet and/or reviewing Staff intake packets. Develops and provides new clients with process orientation.
· Determines clients’ service needs and requirements through intake interviews or reviewing file with assigned case worker; determining specific client needs, and defining a final Action Plan.
· Reviews client schedule and action items with case worker and or client. This may include transportation or coordination with other resources or agencies.
· Oversees data management, ensuring client info is entered into HMIS System, assigns HMIS #, forwards client file to Data Admin.
· Monitors client progress against their personal Action Plan and mentors them in the adjusts needed for their success.
· Advocates for the services and resources needed for clients to succeed.
· Intervenes with personal support in a crisis. This may include Street Outreach.
· Inputs progress and changes into HMIS by the end of each business day.
· Maintains clients’ files by reviewing case notes for progress, changes.
· Communicates clients’ progress by conducting weekly team meetings to review client progress and identifying treatment effectiveness.
· Improves treatment results by, evaluating, and re-defining processes where needed.
· Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends and recommending actions to management.
· Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing client services and results reported and added notes to HMIS.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Enhances department and organization by exploring new approaches and opportunities that add value to clients and team.
· Operates within budget constraints.
Case Manager Skills and Qualifications:
People Skills, Conflict Resolution, Documentation Skills, Decision Making, Research Skills, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, Management, Integrity, Agency Networking, Positive Attitude, Team Spirit
Hours are somewhat flexible but normally Monday thru Thursday 8:30AM until 5:00PM
We will be adding Friday, 9:00AM to 1:00PM when the payroll budget permits.
CASE WORKER – JOB DESCRIPTION
The Samaritan Center is the first step to someone connecting with homeless services and other resources in our community. The Center provides assistance with housing, short and long term case management, referrals to other agencies, benefit applications and personal advocacy.
1. Work with Case Manager and staff to provide face to face services to homeless individuals. This may occasionally occur outside of the office.
2. Initiate client intake and input into HMIS sytem
3. Assist clients in recognizing and defining their own service needs.
4. Inform them of available services and help them access goods, services, financial benefits, ID’s, housing and other needs available to them.
5. Collaborate with other service providers in the community, county and beyond to provide effective, coordinated, services and plans that meet client’s immediate needs and future goals.
6. Advocate for individual clients, both personally and within the system to support their needs and growth.
7. Build relationships with clients, meeting with them regularly, coaching and guiding them to benefits and resources that will enrich their lives and end their homelessness.
8. Monitor client’s progress against their personal Action Plan. Adjust as needed, advocating for the services and resources needed for them to succeed. Intervene with personal support in a crisis. This may include Street Outreach.
9. Input progress and changes into HMIS by the end of each business day.
10. Maintain clients’ files by reviewing case notes for progress and changes.
11. Communicate clients’ progress by participating in weekly team meetings to review their progress and identify treatment effectiveness.
12. Manage client referrals to and from other agencies
13. Work collaboratively with staff of all agencies to provide kind-hearted, high quality service.
Track monthly client attendance
Track monthly non-client attendance
Maintain client files in accordance with HMIS and Center standards
Provide clients with assistance with computers and job searches
1. High School Graduate, two years outreach experience with homeless population preferred, or two years in related human service field working directly with underserved populations.
2. Strong People Skills
3. Ability to Motivate Clients
4. Positive attitude
5. Team Spirit